If you’re looking to make the best avocado toast, look no further. Luna and I combined have decades of experience when it comes to making avocado toast. Here we are going to give you pro tips and tricks for making avocado toast. We have honed in on some of the best ways to make avocado toast.
The most important aspect of avocado toast, is obviously the avocado. As discussed in our post on how to make an avocado rose, the ripeness and variety of the avocado is the key to making the best avocado toast. So once you have your perfect avocado you are ready to begin. Grab your favorite savory loaf of bread, and let’s make a good avocado toast!
How to Make Great Avocado Toast
There are many different types of avocado that grow. So you are probably thinking, which one do I choose. We personally like to use the hass variety, particularly because it has a really creamy texture. This texture is perfect for spreading or mashing on toast.
Haas avocados are famous, and are the most known variety. Rudolf Hass planted a small plantation of avocado seeds and patented these trees. He later discovered this variety of avocado tree originated in Guatemala.
So once you’ve got the perfect avocado, it’s only fitting to use your favorite bread. Of course it doesn’t necessarily matter if the bread is toasted or not, but when toasted the bread becomes nice and warm. This really adds to the comforting feeling of eating this amazing snack.
The key ingredients to really jazzing up are lemon/lime juice, and salt. These can easily be added on top, or mixed into an avocado smash.
Our favorite ways to eat them are with an avocado rose or avocado mash. Making an avocado rose is more simple than it looks. All it takes is a little attention and detail when cutting the avocado. It can be a very fun edible art project. Try our step by step tutorial on how to make an avocado rose.
We would love to hear what you add to your avocado toast and if you like avocado roses or small better! Tag us on Instagram with #lettuceliveinpeas.
Luna & Nate
Avocado Mash Toast
As an alternative of having the avocado rose, you can make a mash.
1/2 Medium Avocado
1 Pinch Flakey Salt
1/2 Medium Lime Juice
5 Slices Jalapeno, thin
2 Cherry tomatoes, cut in thirds
8 Leaves Cilantro
1 Slice Bread, toasted
- Begin by toasting the bread.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado and remove the skin. Place the avocado into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice, and mash the avocado with a fork until pasty.
- Once the bread has toasted, spread on the hummus.
- Using the same fork, scoop the avocado mash from the bowl and place on top of the hummus toast.
- Garnish with flakey salt, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro leaves.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories184
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 12g 19%
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 5%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 106mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate 19g 7%
- Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.