Everyone has been there, in need of a chocolate fix. This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Bites Recipe is the cure we all need. Sometimes it’s easier to grab the candy bar at the store but this recipe might just save you in spending and calories. These Chocolate Bites have, you guessed it, 2 ingredients! Who doesn’t love a banana and chocolate combo. Not only does this recipe fix that chocolate craving but you can eat a bunch and not feel bad about it.
Best Chocolate For These Chocolate Bites
For this recipe we used 56% Bakers Dark Chocolate, Dairy Free, of course. Using dark chocolate or any type of chocolate bar is essential because the chocolate bar will ensure that the banana and chocolate bites freeze and hold their shape instead of being wet and melty.
Technique: Blended vs Mashed Bananas
For this recipe we tested it with 2 different methods, mashing vs blending the bananas.
For starters, both methods work fine.
The difference is the texture. If you’re looking for a more smooth look and wanting to use your silicone bonbon molds we recommend blending the chocolate banana mixture. If you’re not so keen on the overall look or texture of the chocolate bites feel free to mash the bananas and carry on!
How Long To Freeze For Best Results
In addition, for best results we recommend leaving this satisfying dessert in the freezer overnight so the banana can freeze completely. But if you really can’t wait and need your chocolate fix, a minimum of an hour in the freezer should do the trick!
How To Make This Simple Recipe Look Fancy
For this recipe we used silicone molds. The silicone molds are nice because they make this super easy dessert look extra fancy.
If you don’t have silicone molds, no worries there are plenty of other ways to make this dessert.
- Silicone muffin cups – you’ll be able to make larger bites with the muffin size. Also, we would recommend the silicone reusable muffin cups vs the muffin cup paper because with the silicone it will be easier to pop the bites out and not have paper attached to this delicious dessert.
- Parchment paper – place parchment paper on a large plate and dollop the banana chocolate mixture with a spoon into coin shape rounds.
- If you have any other ideas please let us know in the comments below!
If you tried one of our recipes or found our articles helpful, let us know in the comments below how it turned out!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Take a picture of your creations and tag us using #cookingupvegan.
Luna & Nate
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories133
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 5.5g 8%
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 15%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 7mg 1%
- Potassium 6mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6g 8%
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 8%
- Sugars 16.6g
- Protein 1.5g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.